Today I worked on more border, filled in a little water and worked on leaves on the old rose flower. Also some dark black/green that I’m using for the background behind the deer. I have to choose colours that will show off the motifs and still blend with each other as I go along…so it is a little tricky!!! As you can see, I’m up to my old habit of using scraps of leftover wools…making one of the flower leaves turning a bit brown!!! LOL
I called Fraser today to ask about the linen this pattern was put on. It was put on a linen that is more suitable for a wider cut which is why I’m not able to do really fine details. They suggested that I pack the wool in more tightly (which might work somewhat but doesn’t really solve the problem!)…but I think if anyone orders this pattern they should specify Monk’s cloth or fine linen !!! (OR rug warp…that’s been recommended by other hookers too!)
I made the mistake of assuming that a tapestry pattern or a floral pattern meant to be done in narrow cuts of wool would be put on a backing appropriate for that cut. In my phone call, I mentioned that I would be hooking in the fine cuts but I didn’t specify what type of linen I wanted!!! It is an expensive pattern so I can’t really order it again with another backing…but be advised that you need to specify and make sure you get the backing you want. : ) The linen used with the Bradley Primitive is the same linen I received for this pattern…and it just isn’t good for the #3 & #4 cuts.
I’ll just adapt the pattern and redraw some things or leave them out altogether! So it’ll still be fun!!!
Happy Hooking!! Sunnie : )