I knew I wouldn’t have a lot of time today, so I got busy and hooked this morning! : ) In deciding the colours for the woman’s clothing, I looked carefully at the rug for several minutes, concentrating on the colours I have already used and visualizing different colours that I might use in the clothing.
I decided that I needed to add a bit more of the “rusty-orangy” of the bush in the brown background…but I didn’t want to use the same rust or orange. I found a 6 value swatch of Apricot in the studio and decided to try that as I wanted to add another colour into the mix. Also, I needed to have a darker colour against the water and a lighter colour against the green land background…so I decided to make the head wrap a purple as I thought my rug needed a bit more purple and it would look good against the green background!! : )
I like the clothing colours I’ve chosen (Hooray!!!) and I am trying to get another part of the wooden pail handle put in so it looks more like a handle. But the handle is so small that even with a strip the width of a strand of embroidery floss, it is difficult to get in!!!! I may have to rework the bucket and handle altogether…but I’ll keep trying!
(Thank goodness the lion is sleeping peacefully and doesn’t notice the woman!!!) : )
I’m happy with everything so far…and I’m really learning how to adjust things and fiddle with the widths of wool so I can put in a tiny strip for some accents. But it is not an easy process and I can see how someone might get very frustrated doing this!!!! However, since I am such a glutton for punishment…I am learning that if I put #4 or #5 cut strips into a motif first…and then try to cut a strip of wool about the width of a strip of dental floss, I can attempt to put an eye in the same holes that the other loops are in. But it is tricky…and sometimes it doesn’t work!!!! LOL : )
Happy Hooking! Sunnie : )