Little Allerton-Day 3
I was able to do some experimenting and made some decisions about colours today!
First…all of the flowers on Little Allerton are really “padulas”…they are not detailed flowers. I looked at this flower (there are two on this rug) and found it rather odd. Either I had to do something very detailed to have it look good (to me!!!) LOL…or I needed to change it. Here is the flower:
I decided I would change it as I thought it looked boring unless I did some fine shading, etc. Since I am doing this rug in a more folk art/wide cut style, I didn’t want to start doing fine work and then switch to wide cut again!!!! : ) (Also, you can see how big the spaces are in this primitive linen…tiny strips would just fall through!!!)
So I decided to change it to another simple flower in the same space that I could do in wide cut…and I have chosen to use several different lavenders, lavender-pinks and several leaf greens on these flowers. I’m checking my wool stash for these colours.
I have changed that flower to the one above…so I can hook it simply…and use the colours I have in the #6 cut!
Now that I have chosen these colours, I may need to rethink the “birdlike grey-tan” motifs in the corners! That colour might be too dull…but I won’t change it until I get more of the rug hooked.
Oh yes…you probably know (if you’ve watched my rug progress before here on the Blog) that I hook a lot of background as I go along. This keeps me from having to hook just one colour after all the motifs are finished. I’ve heard many of my rug hooking friends complain over the years about how boring it is to finish the background hooking after doing all the motifs!!!! I like to do the background at the first, as I go along, while I am still excited about doing the rug and while I am still experimenting!!!! LOL
I hope you will all have a wonderful day today…and Happy Hooking!!! Sunnie ; )