Well here we go…getting close to the finish line on this rug! 🙂 Only a couple more days!!!!!! …lol…
This has been really fun…but I am going to use it as a great example of the hazards of changing the focus of a design when a lot of it has already been done!!!
I plan to change this pattern when I make the paper enlargements…away from my original idea and towards the “adjusted design”! But instead of just taking out a part of the rug and redoing it before showing the full rug to you, I’m going to see if you agree with me on my reasons for the change.
All of us who do our own designs, especially those who “design-as-they-go” as I do, know the feeling of having a design or motif look not quite right. It may be the placement or the motif itself…or it might be the colours that would have to be used for that area, perhaps the balance is off or the motifs crowd each other, etc.
Although this rug will not be a pattern of the one I started with…I think the changed rug will convey my Halloween celebration theme even better!!! As you know from my work…I don’t do much in the way of symmetry!!!! I like balance but symmetry doesn’t always convey what I want on a rug. In the case of this rug, however…I really wanted the same wrought iron posts at each side of the gate of the “Halloween Hotel”. When I added the pumpkin designs, that wasn’t possible. 🙂
So I will show the finished rug and tell you what I plan to do…both in removing one motif, changing the design a bit and then making the pattern from that design. We’ll see if you think it is better left the way it is!!!!!!! …lol… I still think it is a great example of a “Rug design gone flooey”!!!
Here is Progress on Day 14…Happy Hooking! Sunnie 🙂