Hooray…I finally got the pond and second fish finished after about 6 hours of hooking!!!!! Whew! 🙂
But I am happy with my choices of blues for that pond. As I said, the blues could be overwhelming so I tried to keep to the dyed lighter blue for the top part and a couple of blues for the pond bottom. I stuck in a few strips of the “flower blues” and put a few lighter strips in under the fish for just a little highlight.
The bottom part of the rug is finished so I will go up the right side now and fill in little parts of the center as I go. You will notice that the right side flowers are larger and fewer than on the left side…I am experimenting. And…because I can’t leave anything alone (!!!!!) I made one large flower with 6 petals instead of five! Remember, I am always asking myself…”What if I do this or do that…I wonder what that would look like.”
I am thinking now about the top of the rug. Both the top and bottom are motifs that are found in ancient and modern folk art and I am trying to think about an unusual and interesting way to finish the top. However, just as in other parts of the rug, it can’t be Too interesting or it will take away from the center motifs!!!!!!! (Yeeeeks!)
I also am happy with the fish. I think they are colourful without being “standouts”…and I used the tail pink wool in a couple of dots in other parts of the rug.
So here is Progress on Day 15…I am making good time but that is a Lot of background as well as fairly large motifs to hook. Hope you are doing well and enjoying whatever brings you happiness and serenity too. Happy Hooking! Sunnie 🙂