“It was a time of calm…and of resting. And many of us felt the need to sleep so that we could change locations.”
Quick post today! I was able to do more border experimenting and although my first thought was to choose which one for the whole border I am now considering doing the dark blue/black background on the right and left borders and the plum background on the top and bottom borders. I won’t make a final decision now but will do a bit more on the dark border background just to give me a better idea when looking at the rug from a distance.
(If I am careful, I can pull out the background on the borders and use the pieces for something else if I decide to do a different colour when the center of the rug is finished.)
I have decided to put a darkish green/gold/tan plaid in the corners and will do the large leaves when the rug is almost finished. That way I can see what colours the rug needs in those places.
I am now going to head up the right side so that I can see how it looks to have the backgrounds and motifs completely finished in this right side area. It will also give me an idea of how much wool I will need on the other side. I have cut my wools in half and kept half for the left side. Then, as I said, I can use different wools in the center if needed…or blend them. I have a limited supply of the blue sky background…so doing this is needed.
So here is Progress on Day 7…I am really enjoying this experiment and all the stories that are possible to spin from the design. Happy Hooking! Sunnie 🙂