Hooray! I am getting close to the finish of this 24 x 24 inch piece! 🙂
I’ve enjoyed this experiment because of the interesting colour problems and successes that have gone along with it. The border “leaf-basketball-blob” problem has been solved and I think it shows off the center of the rug better than my earlier idea.
Sometimes it works beautifully to put a touch of the center colour(s) in the border…but it did not do well on this top border!!!!!
There is still an optical illusion going on with the top border…but it is rather “creepy” and that goes along with the rug’s theme!
You will see that I am putting colours in the right hand border to balance the left side of the rug… so we will see how they do there. It is easy to change colour in simple shapes when needed.
Since I am going to give you a picture of 1/3 of the rug today, you will know immediately that this is…a Halloween Rug!!!!! (I know you are saying “oh, no…not again!!!) …lol… but tomorrow I will explain how this rug came to be a Halloween piece and Not the design I had started out to draw!
The top border design was papercutting and, when I put the paper on the border to try it out, I immediately thought that, if hooked in black wool, the shapes looked like bats. Then, I thought putting a bit of the bright colour(s) in a “leaf shape” in the center would be a nice touch…but it wasn’t…! 🙂
I have had a great time with colours on this piece…the next post will show the quieter, dull colours on another 1/3 of the rug.
Here is Progress on Day 10…I’ve had so much fun with this one!!! Happy Hooking! Sunnie 🙂